- This event has passed.
City Cycling Class- In Person
July 24, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
Level up your bike skills in an in person City Cycling Class. This 3 hour class is taught in Encinitas. It includes a 45-minute lecture, followed by 2 hours of skills drills and road riding. The road riding portion of this class is about a 4-mile guided bike ride and we take frequent stops to discuss bike infrastructure and riding skills.
Class sizes are limited so register now! Scroll down for more info about age limits and class requirements.
For this class you will need:
- A bicycle for this class. Make sure your bike is in good working order and ready to ride!
- Electric bicycles are welcome.
- Helmets are required and we can provide free helmets by request. This is not a “learn-to-ride” class.
- Snacks and water!
- A face mask for the indoor lecture
- You must already know how to ride a bike to attend this class.
- We do not provide water or snacks during this free 3 hour course.
- Youth under 15 must be accompanied by an adult, and all youth under 18 must have a parent or guardian drop them off, and sign a waiver.
- We highly recommend that parents take this class with their child so they can both learn the skills and road rules.
- There is no listed age limit for participating in this in-person class, but we will be riding on roads and in areas without bike lanes, so children must be mature, strong rider and good listeners.