- This event has passed.
January 9 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFREE
Sunday, January 9, 2022 – 10am – 2pm
Coast Highway 101 – D St to J St
The City of Encinitas is excited for the return of Cyclovia Encinitas – presented by Cox, on Sunday, January 9, 10am-2pm on historic Coast Highway. Explore Downtown Encinitas via bike, on foot or other means of self-powered transportation, free of cars! Grab your friends and family, bring the bikes and enjoy downtown Encinitas at a different pace. Make a point to visit and support Encinitas’ many amazing restaurants, retailers and businesses all along Highway 101.
Wearing of masks is highly encouraged at this event.
What is a Cyclovia?
It is a Spanish term that means “Cycleway”. It is the closing of certain streets to automobiles for a temporary time, in order to allow cyclists, skaters and pedestrians access to local businesses on open streets. It is an event that is held globally as well as locally, such as San Diego, Pacific Beach and Chula Vista. Cyclovia Encinitas is the first and only similar open-streets event in North County.
It is a partnership effort between the City of Encinitas Environmental Commission, the Traffic and Public Safety Commission, with support from the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition and Encinitas 101. The event is intended to promote mobility and the City’s Climate Action Plan.
Description of Event
Enjoy Encinitas’ vibrant downtown along hwy 101 from D to J Streets from 10am-2pm on Sunday, January 9, 2022. Swing by multiple locations where live music and activities will be. The San Diego Mountain Bike Association will host a bike skills/pump track area. The San Diego County Bike Coalition will host a bicycle safety rodeo course and provide bike racks and bike valets for people traveling by bikes downtown. Stop and learn about many bike and mobliity related programs and projects at various booths hosted by the City of Encinitas and partner agencies. Look for event-day specials from participating downtown shops and restaurants. The event is free and open to the public!
- Bike Skills Pump Track hosted by the San Diego Mountain Bike Association at Coast Highway/G St.
- Safety Skills Rodeo course hosted by the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition at Coast Highway/H St.
- Brand new B-Cycle Encinitas electric bikeshare bikes throughout downtown
- Covid-19 Vaccination Walk-up Clinic hosted by AMR Ambulance at Coast Highway/D St. – Pfizer and Moderna vaccines and boosters will be available. Participants must bring their vaccination cards and photo ID to receive second doses of the vaccines or boosters. The clinic will be located on Highway 101 (west side of street) near D St.
- Many fun and educational booths throughout
- Bike Parking and Free Bike Valet Area
- Many amazing downtown eateries, shops and businesses to explore!
*event features and locations subject to change