- This event has passed.
San Diego Regional Bike Summit II – Shifting San Diego
February 6, 2020 - February 8, 2020$75
Our objectives of the Summit are to bring together advocates, local and national leaders for bicycling, elected officials and more to share examples of successful projects, best practices and strategies to improve bicycling everywhere.
Meeting Venues: Balboa Park – Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego History Museum, San Diego Museum of Art and Panama 66
Highlights of the San Diego Regional Bike Summit Include:
- Round table group discussions on current trends, policies and projects for bicycling
- Hearing from leaders and elected officials in and outside the region on their commitments to safe and equitable bicycling
- Networking opportunities for professionals and advocates involved with bicycling
- Bringing a diverse group of stakeholders together to share ideas and best practices
- A platform for telling regional picture for the future of bicycling to share with local and regional media outlets
- Topics include: Place-making and Open Streets, Transportation Justice, Successful Advocacy Strategies, E-Bikes, Trails and Open Space, Climate Action and Complete Streets, Cross Border Collaboration for Bicycling and more!
Schedule of Events (Tentative, subject to change):
Thursday, February 6, 2020 – Facilitated Roundtable Discussions 2pm-5pm. Topics include;
- Open Street Events
- Community Based Campaigns
- Bike Travel/Tourism
Opening Reception and Poster Session at Panama 66 to follow (drink and light appetizers provided)
Friday, February 7, 2020 – Regional Bike Summit, 9am-5pm
- Welcome/Keynote Speaker- Elected Leaders Regional Panel
- AM Breakout Session
- Networking Lunch
- PM Breakout Sessions
- San Diego Mayoral Candidate Forum (Closing Session)
- Social Ride and Gathering at Mission Brewing
Saturday, February 8, 2020 – Mobile/Field Workshops, 10am-Noon
- San Diego Urban Projects Ride
- San Diego Mountain Bike Ride (hosted by the San Diego Mountain Biking Association)
- San Diego 25-mile Road Ride
- Summit Post Party @ Quartyard
Registration includes all Meetings, Reception (Thursday 2/5), Lunch (Friday 2/6) and Rides (Saturday 2/7). Registration is $50 until 1/5/2020, $75 (1/6/20-2/1/20) and $100 (after 2/1/20).
Sponsorship Opportunities Available: If you are interested in sponsorship or participation in the Summit, please contact Andy Hanshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit Scholarships Available:
** A limited number of full attendance scholarships are being offered by the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition. We are seeking to include a broad base of attendees including advocates, industry professionals, students, community and business leaders of all backgrounds and experience. If you are interested in receiving a scholarship, please forward a brief statement (250 word max.) indicating why you would like to attend, what you hope to receive from the Summit and any other information you wish to share.
Please submit your statement to email@example.com by January 15, 2020. Recipients will be notified of their awards by Jan 31, 2020.