- This event has passed.
San Diego Regional Bike Summit June 21 – June 23 2018
June 21, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - June 23, 2018 @ 6:00 pm$125.00
San Diego’s First Regional Bike Summit hosted by the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition
Our objectives of the Summit are to bring together advocates, local and national leaders for bicycling, elected officials and more to share examples of successful projects, best practices and strategies to improve bicycling everywhere.
Highlights of the San Diego Regional Bike Summit Include:
- A Women/Trans/Femme focused 1/2 day Summit
- Learning about newly implemented and planned bike improvements in the region
- Hearing from leaders and elected officials in and outside the region on their commitments to safe and equitable bicycling
- Networking opportunities for professionals involved with bicycling
- Bringing a diverse group of stakeholders together to share ideas and best practices
- A platform for telling regional picture for the future of bicycling to share with local and regional media outlets
- Topics include: Placemaking and Open Streets, Transportation Justice, Effective Advocacy Strategies, E-Bikes, Trails and Open Space, Innovative Bikeways, Climate Action and Complete Streets, Cross Border Collaboration for Bicycling and more!
Schedule/Activities (tentative) listed under each date:
Thursday, June 21 – Women/Trans/Femme Summit, 1pm-5pm
- Welcome/Keynote Speaker
- Breakout Sessions I & 2
- SDCBC Summer Solstice Ride
Friday, June 22 – Regional Bike Summit, 9am-5pm
- Welcome/Keynote Speaker- Multi-City/Agency Collaboration for Better Bicycling
- AM Breakout Sessions 1 & 2
- Networking Lunch
- PM Breakout Sessions (3 & 4)
- Wrap Up and Reception
Saturday, June 23 – Mobile/Field Workshops, 10am-1pm
- (Tentative) – Bikeway Village, Cross Border Bike Ride and Tour, Downtown, Regional Bike Corridors, Coronado (Bike and Ferry)
Closing Party with and Fundraiser for San Diego County Bicycle Coalition and San Diego Mountain Biking Association @ San Diego Velodrome, Balboa Park
If you are interested in sponsorship or participation in the Summit, please contact Andy Hanshaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
** A limited number of $100 scholarships are being offered by the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition. We are seeking to include a broad base of attendees including advocates, industry professionals, students, community and business leaders of all backgrounds and experience. If you are interested in receiving a scholarship, please forward a brief statement (250 word max.) indicating why you would like to attend, what you hope to receive from the Summit and any other information you wish to share.
Please submit your statement to email@example.com by April 15. Recipients will be notified by May 1 of their awards.