- This event has passed.
Southeastern SD Scavenger Hunt
March 13, 2021 @ 12:00 am - April 4, 2021 @ 11:30 pmFREE
What better way to celebrate spring than with a SCAVENGER HUNT!?!
BIKE- WALK- SKATE- ROLL
Explore Southeastern San Diego, complete challenges and win prizes!
This is a semi-virtual event for active transportation users to explore their neighborhood and get to know their community. Using the Scavify app to track points and complete tasks, participants will ride, walk, skate, and roll around Southeastern San Diego visiting points of interest, shops, sharing photos, and completing mini challenges.
The more tasks you complete, the higher the chances you have of winning prizes.
When is the event?
March 13th to April 4th, 2021
Tasks must be completed by 11:59pm on April 4th, 2021 to be counted.
Interested in helping out?
Check out the volunteer opportunities.
How about some freebies?
March 14th from 10am to 2pm in Valencia Park
Come get a free bike helmet, lights or other safety gear and swag items for registering for the Scavenger Hunt.
LOCATION: Valencia Park/Malcolm X Library, 5148 Market St, San Diego, CA 92114
Please wear a mask when you visit
What are the prizes?
There are heaps of awesome prizes from local businesses!
- Fitness gear
- Zoo or Safari Park tickets!
- Gift certificates to your favorite restaurants
- Socks, stickers and bike safety gear
- Bicycle or bicycle trailer
- A Bird electric scooter (adult size) or Bird scooter (for kids
The purpose of this event is to encourage active transportation use and highlight businesses, art and culture!
Participants must use active transportation to explore the their neighborhood. Because active transportation allows people to move slowly and parking is not a factor in their access, these people are generally more positive, and they are able to experience, and see more of what your area has to offer!
Products, gift certificates and services purchased from businesses in your area will be awarded as prizes to the scavenger hunt winners. We expect about 500 people to participate, visiting your business district regularly during the 3-week long event and discovering what makes Southeastern San Diego so special. REGISTER your business HERE!
Cities are safer when more people go with active transportation. This event encourages people reduce their local carbon footprint and live a more healthy life style.
Participating organizations include:
What about COVID-19?
- We recognize that during this global pandemic, many shops are closed, or struggling to stay open. Businesses will be able to choose their level of engagement.
- Participants will be encouraged to abide by CDC guidelines.
- Tasks and challenges will all be solo with limited person to person interaction.
- Resources for biking during COVID-19 can be found here.