Not comfortable on the road?
Get ready to ride in the city! In this class we cover general bike safety, emergency maneuver skills, legal rights and responsibilities. It’s perfect for beginners, and equally valuable for experienced cyclists that want to brush up on road rules.
This class is offered virtually or in person.
If you don’t see a course offering listed, please reach out to email@example.com
VIRTUAL- The virtual course option includes a 1.5 hour interactive lecture on Zoom, followed by a Q+A. Closed captioning is available by request!
Before the class: Please download Zoom and practice using the platform. You’re welcome to have your bike and helmet nearby during the webinar so that you can practice skills and make sure your gear is safe to use.
IN PERSON- We also offer an in-person City Cycling Class. This 3 hour class includes a 45-minute lecture, followed by 1 hour of skills drills. This class also includes road riding. The road riding portion of this class is about a 4-mile guided bike ride and we take frequent stops to discuss bike infrastructure and riding skills. Class sizes are limited so register now!
Before the class: You will need a bicycle for this class. Electric bicycles are welcome. Make sure your bike is in good working order and ready to ride! Helmets are required and we can provide free helmets by request. This is not a “learn-to-ride” class.
Don’t see your preferred class offered? Click the button below to express your interest and we’ll work to get a another class in your area!
- We are strongly recommending that you wear a face mask during the 45 minute indoor lecture portion of this class.
- You must already know how to ride a bike to attend this class.
- We do not provide water or snacks during this free 3 hour course.
- Youth under 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and all youth under 18 must have a parent or guardian drop them off, and sign a waiver.
- We highly recommend that parents take this class with their child so they can both learn the skills and road rules.
- There is no listed age limit for participating in this in-person class, but we will be riding on roads and in areas without bike lanes, so children must be mature, strong rider and good listeners.
For more information contact the Programs Director, Sylvie Froncek firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Los fondos para este programa fueron proporcionados por una beca del California Office of Traffic Safety, a través del National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.