Table of Contents
- Repairing bicycles
- Diagnosing mechanical problems
- Learning bike lingo
There are no internship opportunities at the moment. Please check back later.
The San Diego County Bicycle Coalition is seeking a part-time or full-time Advocacy Manager.
Job Summary: This part-time position is responsible for the direction of outreach and advocacy efforts on behalf of the organization. The Manager is the key staff person for the development of strategies to track bicycle infrastructure projects, policies and plans and generate support among advocates throughout the region. The Advocacy Manager will be responsible for the direction of communications to cities and government agencies working to improve the safety, equity and accessibility of bicycling for all.
- Lead outreach efforts to build support for policies and projects to improve bicycling safety and increase bike mode share
- Develop strategic plan aimed at embedding SDCBC as a partner/advisor in the regional planning process for bike related projects
- Develop and support advocacy campaigns, as required, and coordinate and motivate Coalition Members to take action on bicycle projects
- Build and maintain relationships with other community groups and leaders with goals related to bicycling infrastructure improvements, serve as Coalition representative on related committees
- Work with Board Chair, Executive Director and and provide staff support to the Coalition’s Advocacy Committee
- Administer back office needs of program, including record keeping, reporting, and tracking
- Write monthly advocacy content to SDCBC members
- Monitor local, state, and federal legislation through CalBike and the Bike League.
- Draft official communication regarding support or opposition to project or policy proposals
- Develop and implement training events and activities to build advocacy capacity both internal and external to the Coalition
- Serve as official spokesperson at public hearings, planning meetings, with the press, etc.
For more information and to complete an application visit our Indeed.com job application.
Bike Parking Coordinator
This is a part-time position managing bike valet parking at events across San Diego County. The position has the potential to expand beyond a part-time position supporting ongoing annual bike valet events, to become a full-time position. By conducting outreach to additional venues – farmers markets, rally’s, concerts, street fairs, sports games, essentially any large gathering – the coordinator could develop ongoing and regular weekly and monthly bike valet opportunities.
- A vehicle large enough to transport gear to and from events all over the county
- A somewhat flexible/adaptable schedule to accommodate late or urgent requests
- Responding to email inquiries and online quote requests
- Conducting site visits and/or meeting with clients
- Preparing and packing equipment and supplies for events
- Creating shift schedules and recruiting volunteers
- Facilitating bike volunteer training as needed
- Setting-up and taking down bike corral
- Attending events and supporting volunteers
- Keeping gear in good working condition
- Communicating with staff and volunteers
- Ensuring volunteer time is logged in our CRM system
Good characteristics/skills to have:
- Strong organizational skills, with attention for detail
- An ability to meet deadlines on time
- A positive and outgoing attitude
- A familiarity with SDCBC activities and a #Life by Bike lifestyle
- A passion for a safe bicycling around San Diego
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grant writing
- Organizing fundraising events
- Membership outreach
More info coming soon!