On-Bike Safety & Road Rules (Downtown in Motion Campaign)
October 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFREE
This on-bike road safety class for bike riders is of all ages! Learn about road rules, where to ride, and emergency maneuvers, and join us for a guided road ride to put your new skills into action! This class is led by a League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor.
Classes are open to bike riders of all ages. Class content applies to both regular and e-bikes. The two-hour class consists of skills drills and road riding. The class will include how to perform a basic bike safety check.
- Checking your tires for wear, proper inflation and locating important information
- Assessing your brake pads, cables and housing for wear
- Lubricating your chain, understanding gears and proper shifting technique
- Ensuring that your frame and bike accessories are in good working order and properly mounted
- Understanding bike lingo, identifying parts and the correct tools to use for repairs