- This event has passed.
Learn to Ride- Youth + Adult
August 27 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm$50
Join us for a 2-hour intensive group workshop. We’ll be teaching two sessions simultaneously! Beginners are welcome!
Session1: Youth ages 3-14
Session 2: Adults ages 15+
- Instruction from a League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor
- Learning parts of the bike
- How to maneuver a bike confidently
- How to balance a bike
- How to use the brakes
- How to pedal
- How to start and stop
- How to scan for traffic or other riders around you.
- We’ll teach parents/guardians some techniques for practicing new skills with your child at home
The class has a max ratio of 1 instructor to 5 students. Parents are encouraged to join and watch the class from a distance so that they can continue the skills practice at home.
All participants will receive a free helmet, lock and bike safety resources and info sheets.
Liberty Station in Point Loma