Bike Month 2021 was a massive success for Advocacy at the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition! A lot is going on throughout the region, so take a look at what you might have missed from this month’s advocacy work!
- Rose Creek Bikeway opens between University City and Pacific Beach
- Sweetwater Bicycle Path & Promenade in Chula Vista opens to the public
- Bicycle Coalition joins Circulate San Diego, beautifulPB & Bike SD in national effort to reform MUTCD
- SDCBC partners with San Diego MTS in a new video: How To Use the Bike Racks on MTS Buses!
- Opinion: San Diegans see need to rethink our streets (San Diego Union-Tribune)
The Bicycle Coalition is tracking legislation from the State of California and throughout the region, and we need your help! Please take a moment to tell our government officials to make cycling safer:
- Take the Caltrans District 11 Active Transportation Plan Survey!
- Support the E-Bike Affordability Bill – Sign the CalBike Petition!
- Tell your Assemblymember to vote yes on the Freedom to Walk Act!
- SANDAG and Caltrans are developing a Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan for the Central Mobility Hub and Connections Corridor. Take the survey and ask for safe bicycle infrastructure!
- On June 11th, SANDAG will present the Active Transportation Component in the South Bay to Sorrento (SB2S) Comprehensive Multimodal Corridor Plan (CMCP) to regional advocates. If you’re interested in participating, contact our Advocacy Manager.
- The SANDAG 2021 Regional Plan is out! SDCBC Advocacy Committee will take up providing comments at our July meeting. If you’re interested in participating, contact our Advocacy Manager.
We’re working hard to make San Diego a world-class region for cycling. If you’re interested in learning more, please consider becoming a member!