IBactive Scavenger Hunt
July 3 - July 17
What better way to celebrate summer than with a SCAVENGER HUNT!?!
BIKE- WALK- SKATE- ROLL
Explore Imperial Beach California, complete challenges and win prizes!
HOW TO PLAY
Download Scavify (www.scavify.com/download)
- Search for “IBactive Scavenger Hunt”
- Complete tasks, quizzes and challenges from July 3rd-17th for your chance to win prizes.
*Register for Love to Ride to be eligible for bonus prizes!
What is an Active Transportation Scavenger Hunt?
This is a semi-virtual event for active transportation users to explore their neighborhood and get to know their community. Using the Scavify app to track points and complete tasks, participants will ride, walk, skate, and roll around Imperial Beach visiting points of interest, shops, sharing photos, and completing mini challenges.
The more tasks you complete, the higher the chances you have of winning prizes.
When is the event?
July 3rd- 17th
You have 15 days to complete as many of the challenges, tasks and quizzes as possible.
What are the prizes?
There are heaps of awesome prizes from local businesses!
- Art and free classes
- Yoga and fitness passes
- Fishing supplies, pet supplies, and pet party packs
- Gift certificates to your favorite IB restaurants
- Coffee, cups and swag items
- IBactive socks, stickers and bike safety gear
How does this support businesses and communities?
The purpose of this event is to encourage active transportation use and highlight businesses, art and culture!
Participants must use active transportation to explore the city. Because active transportation allows people to move slowly and parking is not a factor in their access, these people are generally more positive, and they are able to experience, and see more of what your area has to offer!
Products, gift certificates and services purchased from businesses in your area will be awarded as prizes to the scavenger hunt winners. We expect about 1000 people to participate, visiting your business district regularly during the 15-day event and discovering what makes Imperial Beach so special. REGISTER your business HERE!
Cities are safer when more people go with active transportation. This event encourages people reduce their local carbon footprint and live a more healthy life style.
What about COVID-19?
- We recognize that during this global pandemic, many shops are closed, or struggling to stay open. Businesses will be able to choose their level of engagement.
- Participants will be encouraged to abide by CDC guidelines.
- Tasks and challenges will all be solo with limited person to person interaction.
- Resources for biking during COVID-19 can be found here.
Do you own a business?
There are lots of ways to be a part of this event. Learn more by clicking this link to REGISTER you business!
Participating organizations include:
IB Historical Society, IB Arts Bureau, Gamboa Bait & Tackle, Yoga with Shawna, Imperial Beach Community Clinic, Pineapple Yoga , Red House Kitchen, Little Ant Art, Tin Fish, Trident Coffee, IB Pet, Urban Pet, SunCoast Market Co-op, IB Arts Bureau, Mike Hess Brewing, Lumbre Restaurant and more!
Made possible by: City of Imperial Beach, Love to Ride, IBactive and the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition