- This event has passed.
SANDAG Bike Anywhere Week – Bike Safety Quick Check (Bilingual)
May 17, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFREE
Attend a virtual class on Zoom to review bike safety and how to keep bikes running smoothly.
This class includes live instruction with a League of American Bicyclists Certified Instructor and a professional bike mechanic. We will walk you through the steps to perform a basic bike safety check, followed by a Q&A session.
- Checking your tires for wear, proper inflation and locating important information
- Assessing your brake pads, cables and housing for wear
- Lubricating your chain, understanding gears and proper shifting technique
- Ensuring that your frame and bike accessories are in good working order and properly mounted
- Understanding bike lingo, identifying parts and the correct tools to use for repairs
Have you taken the pledge yet? Pledge to replace one car trip with a bike trip during Bike Anywhere Week, May 16th-May 22nd, 2021.